This Saffron Orange Ice Cream is really easy to make!
An American dessert given an Indian flavor with saffron, orange and cardamom. Made without eggs and a churner it is a classic yet simple dessert that can be made well in advance. This recipe yields about 500ml of ice cream and can easily be doubled.
- Whipping Cream - 2cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Orange Juice - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Savitur KESAR - 2 teaspoon
- Cardamom - 1/2 teaspoon
Steps to Follow:
- In a medium saucepan heat milk, sugar, and orange juice together until the sugar melts.
- Allow the mixture to cool till room temperature and add saffron and cardamom.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the cream with saffron and cardamom milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and allow it to freeze for about 8 hours.
- Scoop and serve chilled.
This recipe is developed in collaboration with Indibaker