Saffron Panna Cotta made with Savitur KESAR - Fine Saffron Threads
Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian dessert which means cooked cream and is usually made with boiling cream, gelatin, milk and flavor. Flavor can vary from vanilla, chocolate to pistachio. This recipe is more of an Indian flavor using saffron and cardamom.
- Milk -100ml
- Cream -50ml
- Gelatin -10gms
- Saffron -a pinch
- Sugar -50gms
- Cardamom powder -1 pinch
Steps to follow:
- In a glass bowl bloom gelatin with 2tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat milk, cream and sugar until the sugar dissolves and milk is at a simmer.
- Pour the heated mixture in a bowl and add cardamom and saffron. Allow the saffron to color the milk mixture.
- Heat the gelatin mix in the microwave for 2 minutes until melted.
- Mix the melted gelatin into the milk mixture.
- Pour into lined mold and allow to set for 1 hour until firm.
- Remove from mold and enjoy cold.
This recipe is developed in collaboration with IndiBaker