Healthy Banana Bread made with Savitur Dried Date Sugar
Banana bread is a traditional British-American breakfast item and is traditionally served in buffets. Banana is an Asian ingredient but mostly Asian’s are rice eaters, and the bread was introduced by British and slowly included banana into the mix.
Banana bread is a quick rise bread that does not use yeast as a rising agent but uses baking soda and baking powder as a rising agent. Quick and easy to bake with the best natural sweetener (Date Sugar) for you to enjoy with morning or evening tea/coffee.
Preparation Time: 20minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Ripe Banana Mashed - 03 number
- Whole Wheat Flour - 3/4cup(180gms)
- All Purpose Flour - 3/4cup(180gms)
- Date Sugar - 1cup(240gms)
- Vegetable Oil/Butter - 1/4cup(60ml)
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 2 teaspoon
- Water/Milk - 1cup(240ml)
Steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl sieve together whole Wheat Flour, All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Date Sugar.
- Add mashed banana, vanilla essence, oil, milk, and cinnamon into the dry mixture.
- Mix together until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Pour into a loaf mold and top with half a sliced banana.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for some time, slice and serve.
This recipe is developed in collaboration with IndiBaker